English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Thursday 29 December 2005

Wherein I wax metaphorical

So there are these cherry trees on the way to campus, just near my house. And they seem to have become confused, because around the beginning of December they started blossoming. Now, perhaps this is wrong and an abomination against nature and its laws, but I don't care. When I was sick and dying during my Time of Illness and final projects and stress and Dickens Orphan Christmases as I trudged back and forth from campus, those darn blossoms were almost the only thing that could make me smile and feel okay about life.

If you want to use The Story of the Cherry Trees as an object lesson during a talk or whatever, you can feel free. Just be sure to mention me in it somewhere, and make sure it's not stupid. A few ideas for themes:

Beauty in the midst of ugliness
Promise of rebirth and Spring
The Jesus story
Trees with flowers are better than trees without
Sick people get wacked-out ideas





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites