English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Wednesday 28 December 2005

Coming down from the chocolate stupor

Yay, let's play the numbers game!

1--Traditional English Christmas dinner eaten, including turkey and vegetables and brussel sprouts and roasted potatoes and truckloads of gravy

1--English Christmas Puddings eaten

1--Queen's Christmas Speech viewed

0--Mention of Charles & Camilla's wedding during said speech

9--Time difference (in hours) between England and AK

1--Mobile phones accidentally left at home when I went over to spend Christmas w/WR's family

17--Times my family tried to get ahold of me on Christmas Day

4--Total hours spent in my own house during the holidays

2--Times my parents said, "You're dead to me!" when I finally called them

2--Turkey & brie sandwiches consumed from Christmas leftovers

1,379--Pieces of chocolate consumed, including the alcoholic kind and imported Reese's peanut butter cups

27--Hours of television watched, including the parts I slept through

2--Times it snowed, turning the rooftops all white and Dickenslike, and the countryside all English and pretty

0--Hours of homework done

It did feel somewhat strange and not-quite-like-Christmas to be away from my family. But I was very lucky in that lots and lots of people checked in to make sure that I had somewhere to go and wasn't going to end up alone in a cold empty house, overdosing on paracetemol. WR's family was very kind and made me feel at home (they even bought me presents!) and I didn't ever have time to get homesick. Plus I got to be with WR pretty much the whole time, which made me happy. So yeah, I'm a lucky girl.

I hope you all had wonderful Christmases too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites