English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Monday 12 December 2005

I've got some bad news and some good news

The Bad News
The bad news is that I am sick. You might think it is just a common cold, but you would be wrong. I look like a lukewarm pile of death, I SOUND like a chain-smoking transexual, and when I cough it feels as though tiny Gremlin armies are scampering around in my throat with pick-axes.

I want to die.

What makes this really bad is that this is the final week before the Christmas vacation, and so I have 2 projects due tomorrow and another 2 due on Friday. Only I sort of don't even want to get out of bed, much less haul my sick self up the hill to the computer lab where my work is saved. So there you have it. Now I will for sure flunk out of school. It's a pity, really.

The Good News
The good news is that I get to go home and see The Precious!!!!!!! (I mean, unless I die of consumption first.)

My department decided to push back the first day of lectures, so I ended up with an extra week of Christmas vacation in January, right after Savvymom has her baby and when my parents are flying down to Utah to visit them. So I checked online and found out that I could get a ticket home. It's still going to cost an absolute fortune that I wasn't planning to spend, but I'm using my Christmas money and some Skymiles and some student loan and there you have it.

When I first realized it was a possibility I called Mom and Dad to see what they thought, and then I called Savvymom.

Me: Hey, I need to ask you something important.

SM: Okay . . .

Me: Right. So, you know how my school was supposed to start back up on the 9th? Well now they're saying they don't want to see us until the 16th, so I was thinking-----

SM: YES YES YOU CAN COME!!

So there you have it. It will be like a second Christmas celebration, but with a newborn and a drugged-up Savvymom and a stressed-out toddler and a whole lotta people crammed in one tiny apartment.

Fa-la-la-la-laaaa, la-la-la-coughchokehackcough

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites