English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Thursday 22 December 2005

Good times never felt so good

So, this is what "well" feels like, then? It's taken so long to return to the Land of the Living that I'd almost forgotten what an absolutely fabulous place that land can be.

So here are the things that have me feeling great:

1. I can pretty much smell again. (Sad part--I can now smell myself and my bedroom, aaaaannnnd . . . it's not pretty, folks. )

2. I can taste my food! Yipee! Tasting food is pretty much favorite thing and now I can do it again, just in time for Christmas and all the gastronomic delights that await me! (Yes, Dad, I do realize that I'm in England. But this is a glass-full kind of a post.)

3. I can breathe! Breathing is my favorite, too!

4. I'm not feeding Lady J's cat anymore! Although I'm so blissed out now that I don't even mind that string of meows she does when she's calling forth the Minions of Hades. I can actually find it kinda cute now.

5. It's almost Christmas! And I don't have to be even a tiny bit sad about not being with my family, because I'm going to see them in two weeks--so I can just enjoy my English Christmas and love the people I'm with and watch the Queen on the telly.

6. The computer labs on campus have shut for Christmas and so now I don't have to do any more Quark Xpress homework! (It must be pointed out here that for the past few days the labs have been open but there have been workmen in there replacing the ventilation system, which doesn't actually create the best work environment. My favorite part was today when one of their cell phones went off. Rather than ringing it played an audio clip about a bank robbery where a woman yells the f-work about 6 times. Clas-sy.)

7. I only have a few things to pick up in the morning, and then my Christmas shopping is done.

8. I'm taking the darling and long-suffering WR to dinner tomorrow. This is my idea to celebrate 1) me not being a cranky sick exhausted stressed-out hormonal beast anymore, 2) me having some "play money" left in my budget, and 3) the two-month anniversary of our First Date.

I think life would be better if we all had more anniversaries--not the kind people get in trouble for forgetting, necessarily, but more like the kind you can make up on the spot as an excuse to use the nice glasses. (Examples: The Anniversary of When I Bought My Car, or The Anniversary of When I Got that Mole Removed.)

Quick note to the gentlemen out there: You could get soooo many points if you were to go back and figure out some anniversaries and use them as a reason for doing something nice. Girls just love that stuff. Please only do that for someone you are actually dating, as opposed to pretend dating. No girl wants Leonard the Scary Office Guy who Doesn't Wash His Hand to hand her a crimson rose with a note that reads, "This is the anniversary of the day I met you. I went home that day and carved your name into my chest with a crochet hook. My mom cauterized the wound and then we braided each other's hair."

Seriously, don't do that. Just--don't.

9. I might be going to Paris for New Year's Eve!!!

10. Paris, baby!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites