English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Tuesday 6 December 2005

Dune is brilliant!

Just read this quote from the book Dune, and you will understand why it had my entranced over the past 2 years. The enitre work of Frank Herbet is so complex and human-like you can't believe it.

Alright, cut the crap and let me get to the point.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
--Litany Against Fear
Dune

Get what I mean now?

It's like a religion or philosophy to itself. Dune never fails to amaze me with its complexcity and epic-ness, if there's such a word.

So far, I have completed the Preludes Trilogy and currently reading Dune Messiah.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites