English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Thursday 12 January 2006

Mommie gem

Remember how sometimes I do mommie gems? Well it's Christmas and Easter all rolled in one, because today I have a new one for you!

The other day I was steeling myself to go drop 60 bucks with the hairdresser lady to get my hairs done. My split ends were taking over the world, and I needed to have chemicals poured on my head to stop the dirty dishwater shade that tries to take over my head when I'm not looking.

When this happens, I have this conversation with myself (and with anyone else unfortunate enough to be around) about how I really should not be spending that much money on something as silly as hair, and how I can't just keep this up indefinitely, and how I really should just stop and accept the fact that my natural hair color looks like dusty bat poop and how I will never spend enough time in the sun, ever, to get natural highlights.

This time, I had The Conversation with Mom and Savvymom.

Me: "I mean, it's just so much money to spend. And it's especially expensive to spend that in England, where everything is twice as much."

Mom: "Now, it should be cheaper to get your hair done in Europe. It was when I lived there."

Me: "Um, well, it costs plenty in England. Also there's the exchange rate and all."

Mom: "Well, in Germany, in 1987, you could get your hair done for cheap."

Me: ". . . kay . . . Anyway, maybe I should just get a cut and forget the highlights. Would my hair look terrible if I just skipped it?"

Mom: "In Germany I could get a cut and a perm for about 35 marks."

Savvymom: "Ewww, why would you get a perm?"

Me: "Thanks for you help."

I finally got her to believe that Europe's economy may have bounced back a bit since the Cold War, and that England was probably never cheap to begin with. I did end up spending all my moneys on a cut and highlights, and it does look pretty darn cute.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites