English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Sunday 28 January 2007

Weekend highlights/lowlights

Highlights:
Book club meeting at Angie's, a local restaurant, to discuss Great Expectations. Great shakes. All the other girls were married but I can't really hold that against them. Since the subject of afterbirth never once came up, I'm feeling good about the group's potential.

Met up with Desmama at a book signing. Have I mentioned yet how cool she is? Because it's true. And her babies are so stinking cute.

Got a great haircut for a great price. I look fabulous. The red highlights always look pretty dark in the beginning, but the head-wound look should wear off soon enough.

Finally read New Moon by Stephenie Meyer. Wanted to shut myself up and not do anything else or talk to anyone until I was finished.

Watched Cool Hand Luke at the Utah Theater--it shows old movies every weekend. Roman Holiday is coming in a few weeks. Anyway, had not truly realized that the young Paul Newman is quite possibly one of the most beautiful men ever born. Seriously. That guy's profile belongs on coinage.

Lowlights:
Actually, I'll save those. I'm not feeling rational enough yet to get into them. They involve my new ward and why I cannot continue to go there if I want to remain sane. Will leave you with this pic instead.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites