English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Thursday 25 January 2007

Did you hear that I'm an athlete now?

I went running yesterday. I have to run on a treadmill because I can't keep an even pace. My body uses this as an excuse to shut down completely so that I end up in a heap on the side of the road somewhere with the cars splashing mud onto my unconscious form. So yes. It's the treadmill for me.

Turns out that having an MP3 player back in my life makes all the difference in the world. I'm not cool enough to have an I-Pod. It's this Rio player that I bought a couple of years ago. Some of my ghetto booty dance songs make me smile AND speed up. That, friends, is something.

Time ran: 34 minutes
Calories burned: 280
Facial color: dark purple
Time elapsed before face returned to normal: 3 hours
Time elapsed since last intentional running session: 20 months

We're doing this accountability email circle where me, Jenny, Spitfire, & Mom email each other with what we're doing.

Mom's report includes other bits of information, like what time she went to bed and how much snow they just got and what she ate for breakfast and what the dog's up to. But she's a pretty faithful exerciser.

Jenny's read like this: "Did 5 days of cardio for 45 minutes each day and lifted 3 of those days and went to 3 pilates classes and taught one of them."

Mine reads like this: "Slept in. Went to yoga after work. Don't judge me."

Spitfire's reads like this: "Walked several flights of stairs in high heels while holding heavy office papers. Does that count?"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites