English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Friday 5 January 2007

Pretty much the best book ever

So it turns out that my new library is very good about ordering books that people request. Which is nice. It's just too bad that people don't have better taste.

I processed a new paperback today that had been requested by a male patron. It’s about a Navajo FBI agent who, according to the back jacket blurb, is “strong-willed, dynamic, a born hunter.” The book is entitled Black Mesa and is part of the American Heroes: Against All Odds series.

I went to write my cool librarian information on the title page and saw this tantalizing intro:

His kiss was soft at first, neither urging nor coaxing. Her heart leapt to life and a slow tendril of heat began to wind its way through her. . . .

With a groan, he pulled her even closer. His mouth smothered hers, a raw urgency tugging at his restraint. She moaned softly.

“Tell me you need me, schoolteacher, as much as I need you,” he said in a husky voice. “Say it.”

She had just started to answer when a loud thump shattered the moment.

“What the--" Justin moved to one side and saw a fireball arc across the sky toward them.


Okay, Awesome.

We've got sex, FBI agents, naughty schoolteachers, and fireballs. Something for everyone! Several people stared at me when I burst out laughing there at the end.

Hey Desmama, if you want me to put this one on hold for you I totally will.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites