English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Friday 19 January 2007

Let's get physical

I worked out at the gym yesterday, because I am now One Who Works Out. Or at least I'm trying to be. Again. Some more. Two years ago back when I was working at BYU I did this Y-Be-Fit program where they get all this information about your health and diet and habits. They put me on a treadmill and had me lift weights and do a sit-and-reach. The sit-and-reach is never my favorite, because I quite likely have the shortest hamstrings in the entire world, including those of premature babies. I can barely go past my knees and people think I'm faking, but I'm not. Yet another reason why little old ladies who crossed the plains back in the days of the pioneers can school me at yoga. The Y-B-Fit girl also put me in the Bod Pod, which is one of those egg-shaped air displacement things to find out your BMI and fat percentages and all that. When I went to get my results they told me that I was obese. At which point I raised my eyebrow and said, "Excuse me?"

"Oh yeah," the girl chirped. "You're not overweight, mind you, but you're obese because 32% of you is fat. That's a really lot."

I'm thinking I'm probably back to that. Only if the scale at the new gym is right (please please please let it be wrong) then I'm quite likely obese and overweight. Either way I want to knock that thing over and light it on fire, so I'm just going to ignore it from now on and go about my exercise business.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites