English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Thursday 11 January 2007

Doing Snoopy dances

Have I mentioned that I love my job? My boss gave me a brochure for this management training thing and said I could go if I wanted. Thing is, it's all the same stuff I just learned in my Management classes. And it's not like I need those classes, because if people act up I just destroy them with my mind powers.

But.


There is this. It's the Midwinter Symposium on Books for Young Readers, and it'll be held down at BYU next month. And it costs half of what that other thing would have been. I've wanted to go ever since I saw the lineup of speakers, but I was a poor unemployed person at that time and didn't have cash for the registration fee.

Stephenie Meyer will be there.
And Joan Bauer.
And Rosemary Wells.

Did I mention Stephenie Meyer?

That's the bit that has me dancing in my chair. My brother coolboy is going to be SO jealous that I get to meet her. Of course, he's probably already turned her into his pen pal or something by now. He's bold like that. He got Eric D. Snider's mom to send him brownies once.

I showed the brochure to my boss and told her that this is the conference I'd really like to go to, and she said that was just fine. She got excited when she saw the speakers as well and thinks it looks great. And she's going to send me with some money so I can get fun autographed copies of books for the library.

Yeah. Best job ever, pretty much.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites