English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Thursday 2 August 2007

why it is important to dress up for a wedding

I just sent Jen & crew on their way back home and now I'm trying to decide which is more important before work--more sleep or a shower. Aaaaand apparently I'm choosing blogging, which just shows how committed I am to all of you. Or something.

Yesterday's wedding was lovely. I wore high-heeled shoes and spent the duration of the outdoor reception sinking backwards into the lawn. Later I wondered why I'd been so silly as to wear high-heeled shoes, only here's the thing: I don't go to these kinds of weddings looking to meet guys, because I know that's not going to happen. I do know, however, that I'm going to run into people I haven't seen in years--including old Young Women leaders, boys younger than me who are now married with three children, and girls I used to babysit who are now engaged. And we're going to play catch-up and they're going to report back to family and friends about who they saw and what everyone's up to. So it's much better to make the effort and put on the makeup and the smile and wear the shoes and hold my head high. Then people can come away thinking, "Huh, she still seems pretty put together and good-shoes-wearing. I wonder what's wrong with the men these days?"

That, to me, is much better than them coming away thinking, "Well there's a cat lady in the making. Tragic."

Me, Spitfire, and Lady Walking in Manner of Bigfoot

Jen and Spitfire

Savvy and Darling Bridesmaid

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites