English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Thursday 14 February 2008

I know what I'm making at my next dinner party

Yesterday I had a hankering for the rich creamy rich goodness that is stovetop macaroni and cheese. Don't get me started on the oven-baked kind, which I view as an unholy curdled slab of evil. I'm sure there could be fabulous versions out there--I've just never had one.

Anyway. I use a recipe which calls for sharp cheddar, evaporated milk, dry mustard, and which has the power to warm and cuddle you in the manner of a cashmere-sweater-clad George Clooney. Ladies, you try and tell me you wouldn't want summa that.

I looked online to find what other amazing cheeses I could add to the mix and saw what I at first thought must be a joke. It's called Deep Fried Mac & Cheese, and is possibly proof that Paula Deen want to kill us all. I nearly threw up reading this, but I'm sure there are people who love it. I used to work with a lady who was Paula's biggest fan. She spent more time at the doctor's office than she did at work. This no longer seems strange to me, considering:


Deep Fried Mac and Cheese


Here's the recipe:

Peanut oil, for frying
1 recipe "The Lady's Cheesy Mac" prepared, chilled in the refrigerator overnight, and cut into 15 bite-sized squares, recipe follows
Flour, for dredging
1 egg, beaten
Plain bread crumbs, for dredging

Heat 2 inches of oil in a large, heavy Dutch oven to 350 degrees F.

Dredge each Cheesy Mac square in flour, then egg, and then bread crumbs to coat. Fry for about 1 minute on each side until golden brown. Drain on paper towels before serving.

She left out the bit about having a defibrillator handy and making sure your trailer is clean for when the paramedics come.

Yeah, I said it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites