English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Friday 1 February 2008

During which experience I mentally composed many strongly worded letters to both my landlord and the City of L****

Let's play the numbers game, shall we?

90: Minutes spent between my back door and my workplace this morning.

40: Approximate length, in feet, of driveway.

7: Inches of unshoveled snow in said driveway.

30: Number of feet I successfully backed up before becoming irreparably stuck.

84: Minutes spent trying to get out of my driveway.

3: Shovels used in the attempt.

800: Calories burned.

4: Curse words muttered silently.

1: Curse word bellowed loudly.

8: Handfuls of pebble-like bulb fertilizer used in an attempt to increase traction, since I had neither gravel nor sand nor real pebbles.

14: Number of cute woodland creatures who will likely die now from fertilizer poisoning.

1: BBC World Global News update heard in car as I tried unsuccessfully to back up, move forward, or go pretty much anywhere.

6: The circle of hell I will be relegated to for briefly thinking, "Whatever, Kenya. You don't even have snow."

1: Gallant friend who drove out to help me.

10: Seconds spent stuck after I made it out of the driveway and onto the unplowed street. Which is where the out-loud swear made its appearance.

2: Minutes spent during the drive to work listening to Intern George report on the UN Peacekeeping efforts in Darfur, wherein he healed me with his voice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites