English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Tuesday 19 February 2008

Conversation between me and my parents

We were talking about the upcoming Hawaii trip.

Mom: Your father and I have already started tanning. Have you?

Me: No, you know I don't do that. I don't get tan, I just get red.

Mom: I just don't understand that. I mean, I tan and so does your father.

(Pretty sure this is because they baked themselves to death in their youth.)

Dad: She's just not trying hard enough.

Mom: Yeah, that could be it. Maybe your skin knows that you're not really committed.

Me: Oooooor, maybe my skin just doesn't like melanoma.

This is not the first time I've had such conversations with my parents. I wouldn't be surprised to find them swapping out my SPF 70 with something like baby lotion. Just to show me that I could tan if I really wanted to.

And maybe they'll tell me that I really should consider smoking. You know, because it's cool and good for you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites