English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Thursday 14 February 2008

How is this different from living in Alaska?

Yesterday we had the nastiest storm here. It was the kind where the 400mph winds made it so that it was actually snowing horizontally, which I hate. As does my right ear.

I sat there at my desk wondering why in the world people were leaving their houses and braving the weather and the three-foot snow drifts to come to the library. Every time someone new walked in I looked up and thought, "Seriously???" The only explanation I can think of is that their computers at home have poisonous snakes curled up in them somewhere.

There were loads of accidents yesterday, with things like public transport buses getting stuck and idiot trucks tailgating everyone before going off the road. Do not even speak to me about the idiot trucks and the way they feel they should be able to drive just the same in a blizzard as they do in the dry summer (i.e., like idiots).

The only reason I turned up at the library is because it wasn't snowing when I left the house that morning. If I'd woken up to such a mess you can bet your Little House on the Prairie boxed set that I'd have stayed holed up in bed, twisting straw into neat little knots to use for fuel and asking Pa to play us a song on his fiddle.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites