English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Tuesday 5 December 2006

Staving off skin cancer

I've been thinking about skin lately--specifically about mine, and how I've pretty much resigned myself to being One Who Is Even Whiter Than English People. I realize this may disappoint my mother, who spends her brief escapes from Alaska trying to get all the UV rays that she possibly can without being hospitalized. And don't get me started on my dad. I can't believe he just went to the doctor and was told he had great skin. That doctor needs to shut his face.

I say that tan does not necessarily mean beautiful, especially if you look orange. Or wrinkly. So here is a list of ladies whom I find very attractive and who are also quite pale. I think Nicole Kidman is the overall winner--that girl must live in a crypt or something.



Nicole Kidman



Scarlett Johansson

Reese Witherspoon



Naomi Watts


Kate Winslet


Gwyneth Paltrow

Bryce Dallas Howard


Anne Hathaway


Cate Blanchett

I would like to point out that there are several Academy Award wins and nominations among this group. This, to me, says that pale people get taken more seriously than Oompa Loompas like that Jessica Simpson.

Also, I didn't include the pale people that I'm afraid of, like Bebe Neuwirth. She scares me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites