English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Monday 4 December 2006

Seriously, people

So I'm thinking it would be a LOT better if life could just be normal and uncomplicated. There are some things happening with the job and I'm not sure what the outcome will be. And there's another job opening now nearby that would pay me loads more and is at a library that I already love. So, yeah. No idea what I'm meant to do there. I did apply for the nearby job, though. Because who knows.

On a happier note, I had a good weekend. I went out with BDG (blind date guy) and had a great time. We accidentally ended up eating at a really, really nice restaurant on Main Street in Park City. It was so cold outside that we sort of ran into the first place we came to. Not a good idea in Park City, turns out. But when you're freezing to death you don't think straight. I almost died when I opened the menu and saw the prices. I'm sure BDG was a bit stunned as well but he was cool about it.

I have to say, though. That was some of the best food I've ever had. Ever. Here's an example menu, but be warned that those prices are lower than the real ones. So add a bit more volume to the "Gahh!!" and you'll have it.

Everything was beautiful. We sat in this booth that had curtains you can pull closed if you want. The server came out with steaming hand towels. They brought us fried wonton-wrapper chips to dip in a mustard curry sauce, and then after we ordered they brought us each a nibble of skate in a Thai basil-coconut sauce, compliments of the chef. I wanted to close the curtains so I could lick the sauce off the little dish, it was that good. But I was trying really hard to be couth. I ordered these huge scallops with tarragon and garlic and I don't even remember what, but they were set along the border of a circle of marinated shittake mushroom and a center of this creamy cauliflower puree. They were amazing. I really wanted to to take a picture to show you, but didn't have my camera with me. Also, the couth thing.

Seriously, it was so, so great. I think BDG really enjoyed it too (that or he's good at disguising an impending heart attack and/or sobbing). This helped keep me from feeling bad about bankrupting him with my dinner. Not that it was my fault. But you know. Next time we go out I think I'll suggest something a bit easier on the wallet--like free hot chocolate in bank lobbies. Or free hot dogs at RC Willey.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites