English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Wednesday 6 December 2006

scarred for life

I have a little scar on my chin. I'm not sure how visible it is to other people. I usually don't notice it because I'm busy crying in despair over the huge zit that has cropped up somewhere near it.

I got this scar the day after Christmas 1990. I was riding my bike to the BX (Base Exchange) to buy the movie Ghost, since I didn't get it for Christmas. Note to Mom and Dad: good call on not buying me such a dumb movie. My gift that year was Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. Because that was my other favorite movie in 1990. I liked the footage of England, I thought Alan Rickman and Morgan Freeman were cool, and I had a mad hot crush on Christian Slater.

England = still beautiful
Alan Rickman = still cool
Morgan Freeman = still cool
Christian Slater = now resembles a rodent. And he has anger management problems. At least I can pick 3 out of 4. And I get points for knowing even then that Kevin Costner's accent was crap.

I stopped by the library on my way to the BX and as I pulled away I ran through some sand. Both the bike and I slammed into the ground, with me landing on the bottom. I then skidded on my face for a few feet and stopped just short of a parked car. I crawled out from under the bike and hobbled into the library to call my parents. Both librarians jumped about a foot in the air when they saw me, and when they sent me to the bathroom to clean up I saw why: The entire right side of my face was scraped up and covered with gravel. Lucky for me I only ended up with a little scar, but that mess looked gross for a long time.

We couldn't get through to my parents, so one of the librarians drove me home. Which is just one more story about why librarians are good people who deserve millions of dollars. Which they would then use to help the poor and mangled.

So. Best scar stories. Let's hear 'em! I should say now that if anyone's story involves a shark then they will probably win.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites