English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Tuesday 31 October 2006

Happy Halloween

Tonight my Mom is making homemade donuts and we're having friends over. Actually, I'm inviting one friend. The rest are Mom and Dad's. I'm hoping lots of people bail or get caught in a snowdrift so that I can eat all the donuts. Will take pictures!

We're prepared for the trick-or-treaters, but they'll have to be a hardy lot since there is snow on the ground and it's supposed to be really cold tonight. On Sunday it dumped 8 inches during the 2 hours we were in church. Madness. There is a ward trunk-or-treat and Halloween carnival at the church tonight, but the word on the street is that the Young Women (ages 12-18) aren't going to be helping out because they want to go trick-or-treating. Tell you what, I don't think I'll be giving candy to any 15-yr-olds. I wanted to get a bag of something gross like Tootsie Rolls or those awful pink blobs of bubble gum that taste like asphalt and come in the yellow & blue wrapper. Does anyone know what kind I'm talking about? Anyway, I would keep the crap candy available for people past the age of trick-or-treating.

Now I should confess my shameful secret: I'm totally into Christmas already. I know I shouldn't be, but it's been snowing and there are rosy-cheeked children sledding in the backyard and I've just burned all my mom's Christmas music and I am in The Zone. Plus I found this book at my notjob and had to bring it home with me.



Do any of you already know Robert Sabuda's stuff? I'd never heard of him but the man is pretty much a genius. Look at this! The pictures don't really do it justice. I had been looking for kids' Christmas books at Jenny's request and came across this one. As soon as I opened it I knew I wouldn't be giving this to small children. Ever. They can have board books like regular children-who-just-eat-their-books-anyway. Jenny thinks I'm a jerk for not giving it to her kids, or to her, but that's just because she thinks all presents should be for her. But to show her that I am a loving big sister I will let her look at it when her kids are asleep.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites