English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Saturday 1 October 2005

SPIDER ALERT DON'T LOOK SPIDERS SPIDERS!!!

This is my warning for those of you who may not wish to just get slammed in the face with a spider picture.


But I have to take a poll to figure something out, and this way I can save words.


Have those of you who are squeamish about spider pictures gone?




Yes?




I promise, they're going to be coming up now.




Alright then. And please understand that my camera does not have a great zoom, so this picture was not an easy one to take and I started squealing like a little girl.




Savvymom, this isn't a hobo spider, is it? I know they shuttled their way over to the US from either Europe or Asia or something, but I couldn't remember which. Here's a picture of it dead, in case that helps.



Any spider people in here who can tell me what it is?

I suddenly feel like I'm in the movie Arachnaphobia, where all the spiders start dropping down on people from everywhere. There was this HUGE spider in the doorjamb when I got home tonight, and then I found another one in my room 10 minutes later (the one in the picture). This second one was fast, and also wanted to kill me. So we had to play this awful hide & seek game under my desk, because I couldn't leave something like that alive in my room. I just knew any second it was going to appear out of nowhere and launch itself at my face.

Then I found another one while I was moving furniture, only it slid under my door and disappeared! Now it'll probably come back while I'm asleep and in the morning I'll be all dessicated and whatnot. Plus since the house is old they just slip right under the doors to get inside and outside.

They probably aren't hobo spiders, though, because those aren't supposed to be that great at climbing, and that first huge spider shimmied up that doorjamb like nobody's business. The second two I found in my room on the second floor. But still, ick! Ugggh! Freaking English spiders!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites