English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Wednesday 19 October 2005

Ceroc your mom!

I learned 3 things today.

1. My new voltage compliant flat-iron is rubbish.

2. Some freakshow girl at BYU-Idaho today hit my baby brother in the face with a plastic soda bottle when a conversation didn't go her way, which split his eyebrow and caused much bleeding. Note to said girl: If you ever touch my brother again, I will make sure that he charges you with assault and battery, and that you end up in handcuffs, which is where you belong. And if he won't do it, I'll grab a nice brick and we'll have some vigilante justice. I don't care who wasn't paying enough attention to you--you'd best get some coping mechanisms now.

3. Ceroc is possibly the funnest thing ever.

I went dancing tonight after Institute after hearing everyone talk about this weirdo Ceroc thing for weeks now. And now I can see why they like it so much--it's addicting. It reminds me a little bit of swing dancing, but with more hips and less violence. The footwork is simpler, and it isn't as fast-paced (unless people want it to be, I assume).

It was held at this community center, and the ages ranged from teenagers to seniors citizen. Also you could dance to pretty much any kind of music, so they weren't playing all the same stuff. It was kind of like country dancing in that all the ages were there and mingling. (Not that I've done much country dancing. You run into too many Country People at those places. :-) And now if my Country Friends could refrain from smacking me, that would be great.)

Anyway, most of the people in our group knew what they were doing, so they taught the few of us who didn't. I think having a tiny bit of swing background (but no more than your average Mormon American Girl who Went to Stake Dances has) helped out on the spins and things like that. I learned some dips, and at least I didn't fall on my rear or anything.

The only awkward moments (because you know there have to be some) came when I danced with a guy who didn't know what he was doing either--we were both first-timers. I didn't know enough to just start leading him, and I had a hard time knowing what he was trying to get me to do. I'm sure he was just as frustrated with me. Finally he said, "You spin three times." I spinned obligingly, only then he kept spinning me again and again until the lights started going all fuzzy and I got conked in the head by his arm. He was very sorry about that. At another point he reached out (I think) to grab my shoulder, but didn't . . . quite . . . make it. And since I was pretty sure The Grope wasn't one of the moves I wanted to learn, I suggested that we just call it good.

So anyway, yes, I will definitely be doing that some more. Also it's good exercise, so there's another reason why I'm not going to the gym this year! Huzzah!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites