English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Tuesday 18 October 2005

Mommie gem

I just remembered this one, and since it was my Mom's birthday and all this week, I think it's time to share. (Please remember the ground rules, though: We can talk about our own moms, but not other people's.)

Last Christmas there were more of us in Utah than in Alaska, so my parents and coolboy flew down to see us instead. They stayed at my place and we had a tree and fun was had by all.

I walked into the kitchen one morning to find my mom at the stove, cooking chicken. I looked over and saw that she was cutting the chicken in the nonstick pan with a metal knife and fork. This is my mom, mind you, who is an excellent cook and has really really nice kitchen stuff and knows about nonstick pans.

Me: "Mom . . . are you using a knife that pan?"

Mom: "Uh huh!"

Me: "Okay, see, we don't use metal on our nonstick pans."

Mom: "Oh, you're right, I'm sorry."

Then she paused for a moment in thought.

Mom: "It's good to know you have some standards."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites