English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Thursday 15 January 2009

Not that we don't have a very committed relationship or anything

We have tickets to go see a film at the Sundance Film Festival this weekend, which also happens to be Opening Weekend, also known as the time where movie stars freeze their booties off along Main Street while finding out just hard it is to get drunk in Utah.

GH: So what do we do if we see famous people? Do we play it cool or do we freak out and ask for autographs?

Me: I think we should play it cool.

GH: Yeah, they hate it when you freak out. Only if we're like standing in line next to somebody then it's only polite to make conversation.

Me: Sure.

GH: Also, just so you know, if I see Zooey Deschanel, I'm running after her and leaving you standing there.

Me: Got it.



GH: What about you, do you have anyone at the festival to love? You're kind of a movie man . . .

Me: Hmph. Paul Giamatti.

GH: . . . whore like that. Wait, who??


Me: Wait, did you just call me a whore?

I don't think my kind of men are going to be at Sundance. Maybe if the film festival were held in London. In 1802.

But speaking of being among the famous, did you see that the NieNie book, Something Cleverish, is now available? And that you can read me lumped in with actual glowing, shimmering stars of the blogging firmament? This book is going to be fabulous, and all the proceeds go to the NieNie Recovery Fund.

And did I mention how cute the cover is? I just bring that up in case you have a heart of stone and things like recovery funds and My One Chance at Glory have thus far failed to move you.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites