English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Thursday 15 January 2009

Wait for it

Sorry this is short, but believe you me, I'm working on something. Last night I went to a wedding reception at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building in downtown Salt Lake City. One of GH's 3,471 cousins was getting married. No lie, I'm pretty sure he has that many. And this is without polygamy!


(Note: Before I could go into the reception I had to deal with the part where they've decided to tear up the entire street in front of the building so I had to navigate through all this nasty construction in the dark just to get there. And then the part where they made the parking lots in the underground parking way, WAY too small and so all the old people with their Buicks were taking up like 4 spaces each. Then they managed to put concrete pillars between pretty much every other space. By the time we got out of the car I was molting and in need of a stiff drink. Which of course I could not have. I settled for yoga breathing and mental swearing.)


Anyway, the reception was very lovely and the desserts bar was fabulous. The bride looked gorgeous and had a wickedawesome white silk flower/feather hairpiece instead of a veil, and all the men in the family suddenly found themselves in the uncomfortable positions of ones who were wearing baby pink ties for the first time in life. Hah. You know they secretly felt so pretty. The bridesmaids all looked great in these slightly edgy black tops w/black lace skirt combos. Also these:



Now that I'm the misstress of fashion I'm supposed to be up on stuff like this, but this was new to me. Is this a thing now? Am I going to be seeing more of this?


Tomorrow I'll be posting about Mormon Wedding Receptions and the rules I'll be institituing for such when I ascend to the throne. Until then, does anyone want to contribute the strangest sights/clothing/traditions, etc. they've seen at the many, many Mormon receptions they've been to in life?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites