English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Sunday 4 January 2009

Because you gotta have a goal

Here they are, my NOTresolutions for this year.

I will NOT create an exercise plan.
Every year I say I will and then I don't and so just forget about it.

I will NOT neglect my blog. I promise.

Even though I will rock it as is my nature to do, I will NOT let myself care too much about my job. That eight-month eye twitch did teach me something.

I will NOT Let People Get to Me. I get way too defensive and dwell-y when people are critical of me. I need to just tell myself that they're rambling idiots and then move onto something else. Like brie. Or Clive Owen. Or both.

I will NOT assume the worst about people. Unless they're texting during church. Or leaving their toddlers alone in the library. Or bringing howler monkeys to grown-up concerts. Or wearing yeti shoes to the temple. Because then it is ON.

I will NOT turn into an actual Smug Married. I will not dismiss my friends' concerns. I will not set them up with freakshows whose only qualification is that they are also single. I will not tell them that they're just being picky and that they'd be happier if they'd just get married (like it's the same thing as getting your oil changed or waxing your eyebrows).

I will NOT shave my legs regularly. This wasn't going to happen anyway, but I like that by stating it aloud I'm making my list longer.

What were some of yours? Best wishes to all of us!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites