English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Monday 19 May 2008

Done.

I just got back from Thekchen Choling temple and underwent something metamorphsizing. I took refuge today, from the above mentioned temple's leading teacher - Lama Thubten Namdrol Dorje. I got my own set of white/maroon novice non-Sangha robes, and they felt amazingly comfortable. It's like a dream that manifested finally, I have been secretly wanting to put on those robes and undergo the ceremony for ages. But it does take some level of skill to put on and look good. Otherwise, they're pretty awesome to wear. One downside of it is that they restrict your pace length, making you walk slower involuntarily. Which is a great way to remain mindful. Haha, so yeah.

Listened to the Guru of the temple expound on the concept behind Refuge-taking and explained the underlying guidelines that the refugee has to be aware of after the ceremony. Then I had to prostrate to the 3 Jewels and recite the Refuge mantras, afterwhich, a Buddha figurine, a stupa, and a cloth-bound Dharma text are tapped lightly upon the foreheads, and throat respectively. That signified the combining essence of the whole Dharma activities into oneself, thus perfecting him.

Afterwhich, the Guru presented each one's Refuge Certificate. My refuge/Dharma name is Thubten Choden. Voila. Done. =)

Namo Guruaya
Namo Buddhaya
Namo Dharmaya
Namo Sanghaya.

Be hailed, The Teacher, the Buddha, the Dharma and the Sangha.
Me in my robes, at home, lol. Surreal feeling.

=)



Somehow, I feel inherently different thereafter, in a sense that I feel pretty much clear-headed and subtly inspired. I take it as a good thing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites