English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Wednesday 21 May 2008

How to get a nerd to propose

[Scene 1: In the grocery store, after Gentleman Friend laughed at me for staring mesmerized with tilted head at the strange shiny red shorts the girl in front of me was wearing.]

Me: Yeah, I should really work on that. It's kind of like Seth Green said on Buffy. "Just a thought. Poker: not your game."

Fifteen minutes later, in the orange juice section, I asked him a question and he shook himself back to earth.

GF: Sorry. I haven't actually heard anything you said since you quoted Buffy. I've been focusing on not jumping you in the middle of Lee's.


[Scene 2: While driving and listening to the radio.]

Me: This song makes me think about that one episode of Quantum Leap where Al secretly sent Sam to go save his marriage because he's a prisoner of war and his wife's going to get remarried. And then Al gets to dance with his wife that one last time and it's so sad.

Gentleman Friend: Marry me.


[Scene 3: While snuggling in front of the TV.]

GF: So my friend just told me that the girl he's dating passed the Flux Capacitor test.

Me: What's that?

GF: Do you know what the Flux Capacitor is?

Me: Yeah, it's from Back to the Future, right? It's what makes time travel possible.

[pause]

GF: You are hotter right now than you have ever been. If you know what movie that's from and can quote it, then we can go to Vegas right now.

We didn't go, though. Even though I was very flattered.

Bet y'all thought I was fixing to make a Miss Hass-like announcement. Fooled you.

But I am very, very excited for Miss Hass and the lucky Ike. She and I have been friends ever since that fateful first day in the BYU dorms when she burst out of the room next to mine and introduced herself and wondered what the crap was up with my bangs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites