English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Friday 16 May 2008

Unforseen job perks

So, without saying too much, let me tell you that my sister Spitfire is affiliated with an organization which sometimes has occasion to visit people's homes and chat with them about the illicit substances found therein. And then maybe take them away for a little while to think about their choices.

Yesterday I invited her to come over, eat dinner, and watch the season finale of The Office with me. She came for dinner but couldn't stay because she had to work later.

Spitfire: BUT, I could try to catch some of it while I'm working.

Me: What, while you're at the house?

Spitfire: Yeah. I mean, if the TV's on . . . I've done it before. Like with Jazz games and stuff. Or if Utah State is playing.

Me: So you're watching TV and nobody minds?

Spitfire: Well, usually the people who live there are watching anyway, while they wait. And then it's kind of nice, because it's like, "Hey, see? We're both people. We both like the Jazz. It's just that you're watching in handcuffs and I'm taking notes about what's hidden in your underwear drawers."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites