English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Thursday 1 May 2008

Higher Power of Censorship

Susan Patron is one of the speakers at the conference I'm at. She wrote last year's Newbery Winner, The Higher Power of Lucky. You may remember the associated furor over the inclusion of the word "scrotum" (a dog's, mind you), which I commented on briefly. She'll be speaking during one of the lunches so as to remind this group of important things like the part where we are meant to be librarians and not raving lunatics who freak out over the idea of the word scrotum existing in books or on mammals. Not that I think we couldn't do with a few less scroti in the world, because we sure could.

She's having a book signing later today. Thing is, I didn't actually love her book. So I don't know if I want to buy it. If I do, though, I want her to sign her name and then write the word SCROTUM on the title page. Because then my copy will say it four times instead of three.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites