English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Friday 22 June 2007

I suppose this is the tiny bit of Alaskan in me talking

Last night I was reminded that it was, in fact, the longest day of the year. My first thought?

It's all downhill from here.

Because I hadn't been fully aware that it was, in fact, summer solstice, I forgot to plan any pagan rituals or Naked Moonlight Forest Glade Dancing. Which is a shame.

I did, though, go to a famous local spot for lunch, which must count for something. It's called Hamilton's and is Logan's fancy restaurant.

We splurged on the double stuffed potato spring rolls (Official description: Creamy mashed potatoes with a touch of green onion, bacon, and melted cheddar cheese. All rolled in a crispy Asian wrapper, served with sour cream.) It was like a fancy heart attack on a plate.


Spitfire got the Italian Grill Sandwich, which included grilled tomatoes, basil, fresh mozzarella cheese and garlic aioli.


I had the best Wedge Salad ever.

And then the Potato-Rosemary Crusted Halibut (Official description: grated potato and rosemary crusted halibut filet grilled and topped with a citrus butter compound.)

Note: I couldn't actually taste the citrus butter. But those sweet potatoes were the best I've ever had. I'd like to bathe in a vat of those things, I think.


So. Without realizing it, I did find a way to celebrate and it did not involve nudity. I'm sure the staff at Hamilton's are grateful for this.

Maybe on sushi night.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites