English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Wednesday 6 June 2007

Just a thought. Poker: not your game

I really need to work on my poker face. My sister Spitfire tells me that even when I'm trying to look all neutral and calm, I still have eyebrows. And they give me away.

This is not good.

A little more facial control would have been helpful yesterday when my boss came up to the desk and proudly displayed the newest addition to our library collection:


It's quite difficult to drum up enthusiasm when one is dying a little bit inside. I mean, I know that we need to give the people what they want, but do they have to want Norbit? Isn't it better if people just forget about that movie and about other crappy, crappy movies like it? How is there even anything worthwhile about this film? I mean, I'm pretty sure even Eddie Murphy was ashamed of it once his Best Supporting Actor nomination for Dreamgirls came through. As well he should be.

So all I could manage yesterday was a little mouth twitch that possibly could have been construed as a smile. Or gas. Or the expression one makes when one smells fresh vomit on the 2nd-grade classroom floor on a rainy, muggy day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites