English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Thursday 10 August 2006

Something's not linking up here

A few brave souls have written me on that LDS LinkUp thing lately--and not just the crazy Europeans and Latin Americans, though. Now I've got crazy Americans too. So chalk one up for me and my hotness and my sexy eyes which say so much about me.

One guy actually seems quite funny and possibly normal. We've emailed back and forth a few times and are having a "chat" date tonight, which is a first for me. I'm considering wearing pajamas and no makeup just because I can.

Rest assured, though, there are still plenty of freaks out there. An exploratory search found a few men whose "Who I Would Like to Meet" sections included the following gems:

I would like to meet people who for reals have the same interests as me. Born in raised in utah is a plus.

Grammatical errors aside, WHAT??? What does that even MEAN? I am confused and disturbed by this on so many levels. Does he mean that he's looking for someone who likes Utah and wants to keep living there? Why doesn't he just say that? Because lots of people who weren't born there feel that way, and lots of people who were born and raised there would happily gnaw their own arm off to get out.

Does he think there is something native to the soil and water of UT that will produce the kind of woman he wants? And what if he meets someone who is completely compatible with him but wasn't raised in Utah--is she out? "I'm sorry, you're great, but your parents made some really wrong choices." Why doesn't he pick some other arbitrary thing that is out of the woman's control--like only going for left-handed people?

It's crap like this that gives Utahns a bad name. This guy needs to shut up. And speaking of shutting up, we have our next entry:

i prefer fun-loving, easy going girls with something exotic to offer. What does that mean? You tell me! RRRAAAARRRRRR!!!!

Run, ladies. Run away quickly. Something exotic to offer? I think what he's actually looking for is something he sees quite regularly alone in his room on the Internet late at night. And yet I'm not as alarmed by his requirements as I am by this next gentleman's.

im looking for an easy going, loving, caring, balls out relationship.

Ahem. Excuse me, but, um, whose, exactly? Did he actually mean to say that? Because I'm pretty sure most of the good LDS girls on this site would sort of frown on that. And then call the cops.

Great. Now I'm freaked out about tonight. Things will be going along fine, and then suddenly he'll announce that he's naked at his computer. Which will be really awkward for everyone, since he'll be writing from work on his lunch break.

Wish me luck with that!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites