English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Tuesday 29 August 2006

Hips don't lie

So my sister, because she is a dirty bigmouth, may have possibly outed me and my recent listening habits.

First off, I don't have a radio. I don't have an iPod. I've never even had a CD player in my car. That's how out of the loop I am with the popular music. I just barely figured out that you can watch music videos on YouTube. I'd been using it to watch clips of my boyfriend John Krasinski on The Office and cry over the love we share.

But it turns out that when I'm tired I need to be listening to something upbeat to keep me from falling asleep or zoning out in front of the computer. So I found a London top 40s website to listen to.

So here are the songs that keep me awake and shaking my booty in my chair.

(Note: If you choose to seek out any of these songs do not even think of holding me responsible for any subsequent corruption. I have my own soul to think about.)

Hips Don't Lie, Shakira (currently the #1 single in the UK)
I'm Not Here for your Entertainment, Pink
Ain't No other Man, Christina Aguilera
Stars are Blind, by PARIS flipping HILTON. Oh. I feel shame.
I don't Feel Like Dancing, Scissor Sisters
London Bridge, Fergie the Trashqueen (the radio version, not the CD version with all the swearing)
Mymymy, Armand Van Helden
Sexy Back, Justin Timberlake. I had no idea that's who that was.
Suddenly I See, KT Tunstall

These are the ones I wish I wasn't hearing:
Smile by Lily Allen, whose accent makes me want to jam a skewer in my ear.
Unfaithful by Rihanna, who I want to beat with a chair for being such a nasty ho. Cicada says this song hasn't made it to Utah yet. Utah is lucky.

And then there are other songs that make me go "GAH!!!" and shut the browser.

Yep. I don't shower or brush my teeth anymore or leave my house, but I am quite possibly the trendiest I'll ever be.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites