English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Thursday 17 August 2006

Oh my gosh, it's people! I love the people!

Hello friends, here are today's brief and random thoughts.

Got overloaded on Show tunes and am now listening to London radio stations. Could that "Mymymy" song be more fun? It makes me really wish that I'd gone dancing last night when I had the chance. Dangit.

Went to the post office this morning to order some Czech koruna (which I will be calling Corona in my mind until the end of time) for next week. It felt so wonderful to be out and about! The market was open and the sun was out and everyone was happy and smiling. I couldn't bear to run straight back to the lab, so I got a jam donut for breakfast at a bakery and then slipped into New Look where I found a lovely pair of red strappy sandals on sale. Go me!

Remember when I said that right about now I will probably be snorting caffiene off tabletops? I don't need to anymore, because I just found the craziest thing in Boots. They look like those Listerine breath-strips, but they're caffiene strips. I have no idea how effective theyare, but they were only 49p. They're not very strong--4 strips gives you 32 mg of caffiene, which is the same amount you can get in a Coke.

There's a sign outside the computer lab from a masters student who left his USB stick in the lab with all of his dissertation work on it. He wants to know if anyone has picked it up. If that happened to me I would quite likely pack it in and go home. Every time I see that sign I say a prayer of thanks for the 3 backup copies I keep, and for Monica Geller who taught me to be this way.

Okay. Back to work.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites