English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Tuesday 6 November 2007

My first guest post ever

It can be found over at Cicada's blog. For those who aren't going to click over (although I can't think of a single good reason not to) I have to share this one bit from the post:

We waited outside on the grounds while the wedding party got changed into their tuxes and other finery for the pictures. And while we waited Daltongirl saw something so arresting that she grabbed the top of my head and swiveled my neck over so that I could see it too. A lady walked out of the temple wearing the most extraordinary footwear I have ever before seen in life. She walked over to a bench and sat down, where I hope she pondered the choice she just made to go into the Lord's House dressed like a yeti:




Seriously.

First off, could there be anything uglier?

Secondly, what is up with wearing something like that to the temple? I mean, if you're not supposed to wear flip-flops to church then you're definitely not supposed to wear Muppet Shoes in the temple. Some have suggested that maybe this lady had an operation on her feet or something which prevented her from being able to wear normal shoes which were not Made By the Devil His Own Self. But surely, surely, if that were the case then these shoes would not be your only option.

What are some of the more inappropriate clothing choices you've seen lately?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites