English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Wednesday 21 November 2007

Good things!

I have no idea why good things are starting to happen so late into the year, when I am done with my A Levels (Tomorrow!).

Let me list them down for you.

  1. The Flourishing society here in Singapore is showing signs of recede from The Dark Age, I just hope it sustains.
  2. Nick "Mephistopheles" Burd has suggested a fucking kickass 1984 Package, which consists of the following paraphernalia. (I confirm the fact that Nick is God from this time onwards)
    • 1984 Centennial Edition softcover book
    • The 1984 movie (1984 version because the one from the 50s sucked hardcore)
    • 1984 Essays
    • The Newspeak Dictionary
    • Grammar lessons for Newspeak
    • Language lessons for Newspeak
    • Dominic Muldowney's "The Music of Oceania" (1984's film score; all of these songs were in 1984 as far as I know)
    • Eurythmics' "For The Love Of Big Brother" (1984 soundtrack; none of the songs on this CD ever featured in the movie)
    • Detailed information on themes/organizations/people from 1984
    • An Orwell biography/information on him
    • Invitations to Newspeak Dictionary forums, and various other websites/fan clubs like Orwelltoday.com or Newspeak.com/.org
    • Winners of the Newspeak Award, similar to the BB award, but this time, awarded to people, governments, and organizations guilty of doublethink, Newspeak, and general arseness.
    3. Huron's FitH and his other TnR effects are being released soon, tomorrow in fact, in DVD form, although I don't touch magic anymore, it's still nifty.
4. I get my freedom from academic constraints.

I am most excited about my freedom though. I shall take a picture of my JC notes lumped together once my last paper is done. =) Keep a look on that.

Oh! I watched a damn funny show a few nights ago. Called "Dogma", directed by Kevin Smith, recommended by Vika, now I recommend it to you. Search it up on Youtube, someone kind enough uploaded the entire movie there. =)

Speaking about films, I also watched 'Your Name is Justine" 2 days ago. Rather decent show, although I was not heavily impressed by it, it does have its moments. It has a tinge of Kafkaesque confinement quality, reminded me of Oldboy in that sense. And of course, a hint of De Sade, obvious from the film name - Justine. Haha. Not too bad, considering I watched it free, I had a movie pass. ^^

Legions, give me a call, ask me out anytime tomorrow onwards. I will be available for stoning, slacking around town, monologue-listening, emo talk, window shopping, bookstore browsing, Landmark hogging (for flourishers), meal-get-togethers, night walks, odd place tours, whatever! Just ask me out. Hehe.

Later, LingNemesis!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites