English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Thursday 29 November 2007

Yeah. I tag myself.

But I'm going to say that the lovely Desmama tagged me.

5 things I was doing 10 years ago

1. Starting my new campus job, cleaning urinals from 4:00am to 7:30am every morning. Betchyall didn't even know how hard core I can be! And boys, seriously. What is with the leaving of the newspapers on the floor of the bathroom stalls? That's just gross.

2. Enjoying new short haircut--the result of a previously mentioned rappelling incident. Unfortunately, did not know how to properly blowdry new short hair and so wandered around with hair pyramid on head.

3. Living in the dorms with Miss Hass, Audra (my room roommate, who called me Eugene, which I still answer to in the manner of Pavlov's dogs), Lady Steed, Skippen, AA, and other fab folk.

4. Eyeing RMs (Returned Missionaries) with trepidation because I knew they were just after one thing, and I wasn't about to get married until I was at least 19. I think my plan worked a little too well.

5. Believing that I knew Absolutely Everything and that there was no such thing as a gray area, ever.

5 things on my to-do list

1. Go back in time and learn the cello instead of the flute. The flute is nice and all, but cellos sound like rich, dark, chocolate.

2. Go to a conference tomorrow where I will meet up with the delightful MBC and her library posse for lunch. Wheee!

3. Try to stop being so fabulous all the time.

4. Finish Christmas shopping with limbs, sanity, and bank account intact.

5. Find new British boyfriend, since all my usual ones keep getting married, which is rude of them.

5 things I'd do if I were a millionaire

1. BUY a British boyfriend. Hah!

2. Invest most of it, because I'm dork like that. And then I would read my statements compulsively up in the tower of my mansion and cackle with delight at the growth.

3. Take my sisters and my mom on a fabulous trip.

4. Buy myself that cottage in Derbyshire

5. Stockpile my home with all the imported cheeses and chocolates I could get, and then invite cheese-loving friends over to gorge ourselves while watching Sumptuous Literary Adaptations. (Although, now that I think of it, I might not need to wait for millionaire status to do this.)

5 things I'd never do again


1. Feed my little brother coolboy clamjuice by telling him it was lemonade. I still feel bad about that one, but only because my family won't let it go.

2. Get a perm

3. Um.

4. Huh.

5. Actually, I don't have loads of regrets. But I do feel really bad about the clam juice. And the perms.


5 favorite possessions (was "toys," but I don't really have many of them, unless you count the sunroof on my car)

1. My down comforter which I love so much that I compressed it and hauled it to England with me. Best. decision. ever.

2. My rainbow book shelves

3. My previously-mentioned collection of Sumptuous Literary Adaptations

4. My sand jars.

5. The love and adoration of the most precious children alive.

(photo taken without permission from my sister's blog)

5 things I've read recently

1. The Omnivore's Dilemma, to get my liberal pinko commie groove on

2. The City of Ember, for book group

3. The ingredients list on a box of Western Family Stuffing, which was terrifying.

4. Last Minute Knitted Gifts, because I'm working on a surprise . . . shhhh!

5. An LDS novel recommended by Desmama, who knows my distrust of LDS fiction and says this particular writer is worth reading. She didn't put any pressure on me, just said that if I don't like it then we can't be friends anymore.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites