English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Wednesday 15 November 2006

The saddest story ever

So when I was 10 I saw Beauty & the Beast and fell completely in love with it. It gave me hope that girls who spend all their time reading will still be able to get boyfriends--handsome, rich, furry boyfriends. And for the record, I think the Beast is way better looking than the Prince. The Prince looks like a girl.

When the VHS came out I rode my bike to the BX and bought it, spending $15 of my hard-earned babysitting money.

When the new Special Edition was released at IMAX theatres Amyjane and I went to see it. Loved loved loved.

When the new Platinum Special Edition 2-disc set was released on DVD Amyjane and I both pre-ordered our copies at Costco and got a great deal.

Then tragedy struck. I don't have it anymore. It's gone. I couldn't find it when I packed all my things up last year. And now I find out that they don't make them anymore so the only way to get it back (short of setting up a Brute Squad to find whoever took the original and break their knees) is to buy one of the still-existing copies online. And I'm poor.

So here's hoping I get this for Christmas so that I can repair my shattered dreams and deep, deep sense of betrayal and loss. Mom, Dad, the link is right over there on the sidebar. And please make sure it's the 2-disc set instead of the 1-disc copy! I love you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites