English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Thursday 30 November 2006

Mood = Elated.

Why am I elated? Read thy below.

[quote = Richard from Decknique]I got in touch with one of the animators on the Cingular Blackjack commercial, Kiel Figgins. It turns out a video from Decknique was used as reference! (More details below)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiel Figgins
Yeah, I had a hand (no pun intended) in that TV spot. I animated the section shown on my site... I also supervised my team of animators who did the tricks that followed. The first part of the spot was done in-house at Shilo Designs.
They did use two reference videos, and one really short clip. They took the reference videos, spliced them together into the order of the moves you see in the video. Then they used that final reference video to develop the 3D animation.

None of their animators are actually cardists. They just had the reference videos to go from.

Some interesting facts:
  • Their reference for the first move was actually an Anaconda. I'm guessing it turned into a spring since that's what most people are used to.
  • Their fan in the video is actually spreading upside down.. so the bottom cards were spread out last instead of the top cards.
  • They *did* have a reference for the last move where the card was spinned on its edge on the model's finger: it was originally a simple face-down card twirl on the finger.
  • One of the two main reference videos was Jam Time submitted by Jaspas! Yes, that's where the Anaconda and Tornado came from.
I was also given a link to the Press Release about this spot, as well as a link to a high quality version of the commercial.[/quote]

And, I'm the one doing Tornado in that video! =D This definitely made my day and week! Yay! No amount of 'yays' is enough. lol.

I'm loving cardistry even more now. [PRIDE!]

Happy Ling,
30th November.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites