English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Tuesday 7 November 2006

Dibs!

Living with Jenny has introduced a complication that neither of us were prepared for. Suddenly we are both wanting to blog about the same things. So we've worked out a very good system, which is called whoever yells "DIBS!!" fast enough gets to blog about it.

I called dibs on the girl ahead of us in the Wammart checkout line last night. She was buying the following:

  • fat-free yogurts with sprinkles
  • 2 frozen South Beach Diet meals
  • 1 bag of M&Ms
  • 1 huge box of frozen fish sticks
Explain that to me. And don't say that she's buying them for someone else because that's too reasonable. As I mocked her in my head I looked at my own purchases and wondered what a stranger might think of them:
  • 30 plastic coat hangers
  • 1 red laundry hamper
  • 1 lint roller
  • 1 Fall 2006 issue of Martha Stewart Weddings magazine
So yeah, anyone looking at that would assume that I'm a tragic spinster who spends my nights doing laundry and planning seating charts for my Imaginary Wedding.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites