English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Sunday 3 September 2006

Wiki!

Was reading stuff on suicide on Wiki then somehow it led me to Mind Control. It got me especially interested at the Lifton Brainwashing Method, which provided 8 pointers of revelations to many proles of this world that they are being latently controlled by the evil governments. Suddenly, you see a thousand million more Winstons surfacing. Lol.

Here's the 8 pointers;

Psychiatrist Robert Jay Lifton described in his 1961 book Thought Reform and the Psychology of Totalism: A Study of "Brainwashing" in China eight coercive methods which, he says, are able to change the minds of individuals without their knowledge and were used with this purpose on prisoners of war in Korea and China. [2] These include

  • milieu control (controlled relations with the outer world)
  • mystic manipulation (planned spontaneity - events are orchestrated or attributed to group's power or omniscience )
  • confession (confess past and present sins)
  • self-sanctification through purity (pushing the individual towards a not-attainable perfection)
  • aura of sacred science (beliefs of the group are sacrosanct and perfect)
  • loaded language (new meanings to words, encouraging black-white thinking)
  • doctrine over person (the group is more important than the individual)
  • dispensed existence (insiders are saved, outsiders are doomed)

In his 1999 book Destroying the world to save it: Aum Shinrikyo, Apocalyptic Violence and the New Global Terrorism, he concluded, though, that thought reform was possible without violence or physical coercion.

Edgar Schein, who investigated similar programs in China concluded in his book Coercive Persuasion that physical coercion was an important feature of brainwashing.

--------

Thank goodness I realised that terrible act earlier. Thus my stand as an Nihilist Anarchist now. Fuck everything! Heh!

Weekend has been a total stagnant time of which I took up the role of a computer sloth once again. There's absolutely no happenings for the past month, with the exception of Mega Magic. I need a damn life. I need more SMC/Flourish sessions! Ugh. All O's and A's level fault.

And, Ren Hui has been Hitler-influential to the point of making a hardened metalhead to fall for country music, such as Billy Gilman's and unclassifiedable Jean-Baptiste Maunier. Damn, those 2 guys are good. I am thinking of getting Gilman's One Voice album once I have extra cash to spare... Delectable voices, indeed. I bet she must be practising the Lifton Brainwashing Method, I swear she is.

Besides that queer obsession of mine, I do not wish to indulge in the conversation of Promotional exams. From the words of the Omni-knowledgable Jaspas, "Studying gives you the bad values! Don't study!" I totally agree on that statement. Studying kills the fun side of you, like what happened to me during the "O"locaust last year. Bad. Ah wells, I have faith in my Owning-of-classmates Legacy to continue. Heh! I really think I am a late bloomer, because things are getting easier and easier for me to absorb and that just feels great!

Alright, that sums up everything.

I need a damn life,
Ling
3rd September 2006 AD

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites