English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Friday 22 September 2006

Two good pieces of news

And one baddish one: I had a post all written and my sorry piece o' crap computer froze up and ate it. Am reformatting the hard drive tonight, wish me luck with that.

Good news #1: I called the nice big Anchorage public library to ask about volunteer work. The lady I spoke with says that because of my degree and flexible schedule and all, they can probably work out a kind of residency-type program where I can get experience in the different areas I'm interested in. So go me! I'm going in on Monday morning to chat w/her and fill things out and get a tour of the place.

Good news #2: Decided to forget temporarily that I have no job and no prospects. I just bought my first piece of REI gear. Rejoice with me! I went down there to return the Chaco flip-flops that gave me unsightly stigmata-like wounds on my feet when I tried to wear them. Only those REI jerks wouldn't take them back because I didn't buy them at REI. That's completely beside the point, I think. Will have to go back when that guy isn't working and give them a different story. Was sulking in the clearance section when I saw this jacket reduced from $129 to $44. It's windproof, waterproof, breathable, and every good thing. So I bought it. I am now One Who Has Outdoor Gear.

It was raining today but I didn't go try it out. I'd just straightened my hair, which is a biannual event requiring time, effort, heat damage, and witchcraft. No way was I going to ruin all that by going outside. Plus I needed to look good because today was my first modeling gig. (That's right, I've finally decided to listen to all those people who come up to me like 20 times a day telling me that I should be a model.) My b-in-l Ed gave me a thrift-store outfit and told me to straighten my hair. The shoot was at the Eagle River bowling alley, which is pretty much the classiest place ever. It's sandwiched between the laundromat and a bingo hall. The photos should be pretty cool.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites