English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Wednesday 20 September 2006

Job update

Will die alone. Alone and unemployed. Will have to get a job at Borders or Barnes & Noble where I can wander around and pretend I'm in a library. Will have to imagine that there are fewer people browsing the shelves, though, to make it convincing. And I'll have to pretend that one or two of them are completely crazy.

I heard back from two of the libraries I applied to. The SLC library sent a letter to Lady J saying that they would not be interviewing me at this time or ever. The Springville library (I interviewed with them on Friday) sent a very nice email but said no thank you. The third library didn't contact me but I can see from the county's website that they're conducting interviews now.

So. There you have it. Looks like I'll be in AK for a bit longer. I might as well start going to the singles ward here. And dressing head to toe in fleece. And shooting animals, which I will then cut up with knives and my teeth and carry the pieces home strapped to my back. My mom really wants me to go to Institute and take the Eternal Marriage class. She says it's because the teacher is so good, but I know what she's playing at. Also she wants me to meet this guy out here who drives a Hummer. And a Harley Davidson. And a something else. Cuz, you know, I'm all about those.

If I can get up the strength I may go down to the local library branch and ask if I can volunteer there. I'm betting it's the lack of library experience that's biting me in the butt. The library here is so nasty, though. My family says I'd better be sure to wash my hands before and after. And hey, even if they say no, they can't stop me from being there. And putting books in the right place if I see them in the wrong place. And asking people if they need help. And making book recommendations. For like 20 hours a week. And then I can put all those things on my resume.

Hah.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites