English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Thursday 8 September 2005

This is the best job EVER.

And no, I'm not talking about the job that I've been doing for the past two years. Sorry.

I'm talking about the job that, with any luck, I'll be able to do part-time this fall, product-testing new courses. Because I have some . . . how you say . . . down time right now, my boss asked if I could do some product-testing to help with a backlog they're having right now. And I'm happy to do it because it's actually interesting and engages my mind somewhat. Otherwise I end up smacking at my keyboard in the manner of a bored and slower-than-average chimpanzee, that's how checked out I am.

But now I'm reading this cool course on business law, and it's so much fun. I'm reading all about forgery and larceny and assault and battery and self defense and who to charge with what crime when. It's like free crack for the litigation addict! I'm always running around trying to think of what my friends can sue other people for. And no, I'm not talking about frivolous lawsuits. I'm talking about jerks who need to Get What's Coming to Them.

I try to be careful with this, though, because now I actually know some real lawyers. I don't want them to give me a look that means, "You're stupid, and watching Law & Order doesn't make you a lawyer, and you need to stop talking." But let me say that I only watch Law & Order when I'm at home because my dad becomes instantly glued to the TV whenever he finds out that it's on (which is pretty much every hour of the day). He even watched it when he was on vacation in Hawaii. And all of a sudden he'll growl, "Get 'em, Jack!" during the courtroom scenes.

Anyway, back to the point. Everyone else has a little image that shows up next to their name, so I want one too. Any suggestions that don't violate copyright law?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites