English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Friday 16 September 2005

Panicking? Who's panicking? I'm not panicking.

The reason I am not panicking is that blissful little coping mechanism called denial. Denial is my new best friend. We go clothes-shopping and everything. I'm not panicked at all that I have 10 days left to do everything I still need to do. Another thing that's helping me is my other new best friend. Her name is displacement activity. We all have such a fab time.

Yesterday I was supposed to sew up the hem of my skirt, buy groceries, buy and mail a wedding gift, sort through my DVDs, make a cheeseball for Treat Day, and figure out if I can cram my down comforter into a suitcase. Instead, I went out for all-you-can-eat sushi with Cicada, The Perv, and Brother #2. We had a lovely time. I recommend the Vegas roll, which is a big huge portion of tempura-fried goodness. I do not recommend the squid(?) nigiri, because that mess has the consistency of a tire.

I also spent a good part of last night (you know, when I wasn't doing the things I was supposed to) downloading my roommates' CDs onto my computer. That way I get to spend a good part of today listening to things like the sweet sweet strains of Terrence Mann. (He's the voice of the Beast in the Beauty & the Beast musical, which I just copied from my roommate, and man can that guy sing. He's also Javert in Les Miserables and Chauvelin in The Scarlet Pimpernel, if you want to know exactly how big of a geek I am. Anyway, voice like butter, people. Voice. Like. Butter.)

This morning I couldn't disappoint my sweet coworkers who wanted the cheeseball, so I bought the supplies on my way to work and made the thing at my desk. It turned out very well, I might add. Then Martha Stewart called me to ask for tips, but I just said, "Dream on, jailbird!" and hung up.

If anyone else has suggestions of other fun displacement activities, feel free to post them!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites