English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Tuesday 30 June 2009

They say clothes don't make the man

And they would be right.


However.

They still kinda do. Think of that scene in Pride and Prejudice where Mr. Darcy, Mr. Bingley, and Mr. Hurst walk home across the fields after a day of shooting innocent birds that they probably won't even eat. Mr. Darcy and Mr. Bingley stride along in full-length duster coats, which drape manfully out behind them. This is how you know they are cool. Mr. Hurst lacks the long coat, which is how you know he is dumpy and lame and drinks himself into a red-nosed stupor every night.


Ever since I have known him, GH has been strictly a t-shirt & hoodies kind of guy. When the mood strikes he'll don a polo. This works for him, and, as he pointed out to me one day, his t-shirts get more remarks and compliments when we're out in public than mine do. I maintain that it's not my fault there are a lot of geeks out there.

For a few months now I've been wanting to get him into a nice button-up cotton shirt. You know, the kind without a tie where you roll the sleeves up a bit and immediately look about 3 times hotter. (Amyjane and I used to refer to this phenomenon as Post-Church Dress Shirt. And believe me, gentlemen, there's power there.)

Over the weekend we stopped in Kohls to grab (and pay for) a new pair of Sunday pants for GH. On the way out, I spied some nice striped shirts on a clearance rack for 70% off and decided that today was the day. I grabbed one, took it up front, and bulldozed GH into taking it. To humor me, he wore it the next day for his mother's birthday dinner.
I pretty much could not take my eyes (or, fine, hands) off him for the rest of the night, he looked so good.

Check it out:


I know, right???

GH may not realize it yet, but that shirt is going to be getting a whole lot of brothers and sisters.

Update: I forgot to mention this before, but GH has a job interview today for a really cool job. So please, please cross fingers, say prayers, send good vibes, inform the universe, visualize success, etc. Thank you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites