English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Wednesday 1 July 2009

I declare I don't know what the young men are about nowadays

Last night GH had his interview with a local television station. Thanks to your prayers/vibes/visualizations, it seemed to go well. Because there were so many applicants, they're doing a round of phone interviews first. Next week we should hear if there will be an in-person interview.

At some point during the conversation GH mentioned something he'd seen on the station's website. The interviewer was surprised and said, "You know, you are the first person I've talked to who has gone to our website. I'm going to make a note of that."

If that's the case, then the thank-you note GH put in the mail this morning should really blow his mind.

But seriously? None of the other applicants went on the website? Or, if they did, they didn't make sure to work that into the conversation somehow? I knew resumes were taking a hit, so I guess it makes sense that interview preparation has gone downhill as well. I mean, yay for other people's laziness making GH look even better by comparison, but it's still kind of sad, especially when so many people really, really need a job, are qualified for said job, but just aren't giving strong interviews.

And now I'm starting to think of all the really bad interviews I've been a part of. Thankfully, I was usually on the hiring and end, not on the "spectacularly blowing an interview" end. (Please not that I said usually, not always.) Methinks there should be a post about this . . .

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites