English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Monday 20 July 2009

As promised

Here is the fruit of my labor. Hold on to your ovaries:




I know, right??? Could you just die? (Not that I flatter myself, but my friends do say I know how to stitch a garter.)

For the knitters (or should-be knitters) who want to try it, this is the garter stitch wrap top from Simple Knits for Cherished Babies by Erika Knight. I used Debbie Bliss's Baby Cashmerino yarn, which is so soft that every now and then I had to stop knitting and run the skein along my cheek while I purred like a cat. Try it, it's fun!

I modified the pattern because I was running out of yarn. Also, no lie, I had the thing almost finished and then realized that it was too small. Like, small as in the only thing it would ever fit is perhaps a malnourished Chihuahua. So I ripped the whole thing out and started over again. (Only for my sister would I do this. Anyone else would just have to not feed their kid. Or get a Chihuahua.) This time I followed the directions for the size 6-9 month sweater and ended up with something that might fit a newborn for at least a few days. So do be very aware of that if you give it a go.


Check it out, though! Buttonholes with actual buttons! Yeah, that was me. I totally did that. And if any of you out there are knitters or crocheters, you can find me at Ravelry under the username "missnem." I'd love to meet up and see what you're working on.

I wrapped the sweater and gave it to Jen on Saturday at a little brunch/shower thrown by the ever-elegant Jeri. Also, look how cute my pregnant sister is! Her face isn't even big. She's due in a week and you wouldn't know she's pregnant except for the part where she's tired and uncomfortable . . . and also the massive growth in her abdomen which causes men at church to do a double take and tell her how fat she's getting. Those men are lucky to be alive right now, I can tell you what. If I weren't wishing for her to go into labor this week, I would instead be wishing that this Sunday were the day when she started the killin's.

Also here's a pic of Savvy at the shower, in a Snow White costume (of course). Because if you're talking about cute things you really can't be leaving her out.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites