English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Brazil Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Translate Widget by Google

Tuesday 11 March 2008

Thanks are in order

First off, I must thank my parents, who made this trip possible. Especially my dad who dragged himself off the beach every day to go do the things I wanted to do, even when those things consisted of eating hot noodle soup in a tiny dive in Lihue. And my mom who kept buying me little presents. They are the coolest.

Thanks also to my aunt and uncle for bailing out and leaving an empty room at the Hale Koa. When I woke up the first morning this was my view. So yeah. Sorry y'all were busy . . .

Thanks to my sister Jenny, who is such a noble person that even though she couldn't come along she mailed me her darling swim skirt in the hopes that I would look more attractive in pictures.

Thanks to Kee beach, for giving my father a place to bask while the rest of us participated in exertion-type activities along the Kalalau trail.


Many, many thanks to the good people of Portugal for inventing malasadas and bringing them to Hawaii. And also to the lovely women of Kauai Bakery for selling them to me two days in a row and not laughing when I tasted my first chocolate-filled one, moaned obscenely, and then marched back up to the counter (possibly knocking over a large man) to order three more.


Stay tuned for next installment!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites